Jargon: Textpression is an engine for semantically parsing and dynamically rendering pieces of text in an expressive and additive way.
Normal: Textpression is some code that'll read some text and generate a cool, expressive video-like thing that is easy to share online.
Textpression is meant:
- To be easy to get started from a simple HTML page
- To be fun to use for anyone, for any text
- To be Desktop-/Mobile-agnostic
- To dramatize and more deeply express text
- As a learning experience for me and anyone looking at the code
- Easy sharing using encoded-text URL hash
- Very pretty backgrounds and effects
- MIT licensed
- Dynamic semantic parsing (per-phrase sentiment analysis) // TODO
Textpression uses lots of different 3rd-party libraries. Full list to come later as things take more shape.
Written and edited by @therealtakeshi. Questions/comments go there.